The tax landscape in Asia-Pacific is dynamic and ever-changing. To keep up, companies and individuals have to understand the various issues concerning tax in their market of choice.
When you are considering a merger or an acquisition, it is important to assess your tax obligations. Tax is a vital part of our global, cross-disciplinary M&A service that brings in advisory, valuation, due diligence and integration consulting.
On 14 October 2021, we hosted a webinar to shine a spotlight on the M&A tax landscape in APAC. We gathered our in-house tax experts from Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, India, and China.
Following the webinar, we are excited to reveal the report, ‘The M&A Tax in APAC’ which will provide you with valuable insights into tax risks and opportunities in the region. Each tax regime brings with it specific challenges to M&A deals and requires a unique approach.
Download the full report to find the APAC market view on:
- General M&A trends in the countries
- Key tax issues to watch out for in a tax due diligence
- Share vs asset deals and high level ways to structure them efficiently
- Tax concerns in respect of indirect transfers of shares
- Transfer pricing issues in M&A