At Mazars in Singapore, we believe that building a sustainable future is not just a choice; it is our responsibility as global citizens and business leaders. Marking the third annual release, we are delighted to present the Singapore sustainability report. Through its pages, we hope to illuminate our continuous efforts to drive positive contributions towards our people, our clients, the environment, and our local community.
A message from our Managing Partner
As we navigate through uncharted waters, we remain resolute in our purpose. We understand that sustainability is not a destination but a continuous pursuit. By embedding ESG principles into our decision-making processes, we strive to reinforce our resilience and seize new opportunities. Rick Chan Managing Partner, Singapore & Head of Audit and Assurance APAC
Our corporate sustainability strategy
Sustainability is at the heart of our business and value chain. It is a fundamental component of our performance criteria and defines how we create and share value throughout our global partnership to drive long-term prosperity. In collaboration with our key stakeholders, we have developed a robust strategy to promote inclusive, fair and sustainable economic development while also facilitating social progress and nurturing environmental stewardship.
Our corporate sustainability strategy comprises five key pillars:
- Upholding our values of integrity and responsibility
- Putting people at the heart of our development
- Contributing to local communities
- Reducing our environmental impact
- Supporting businesses on their sustainability journey
Reporting transparently on our progress
Our 2023 Sustainability report outlines our progress in delivering environmental, social and economic value to our stakeholders. Every year, we strive to improve our data quality and present our reporting in the most transparent manner possible to our stakeholders. In this Singapore sustainability report, we highlight how we are managing our material impacts, risks and opportunities through our policies and actions while fulfilling our purpose to build the economic foundations of a fair and prosperous world.
Published in October 2023, the content of this report is based on the group non-financial materiality assessment conducted in FY 2021/2022 and Singapore information collected from 1 September 2022 to 31 August 2023.
Our key performance indicators:
- 78% of Singapore staff have completed learning programmes on our global code of conduct
- 10,886 total hours of training undergone by Singapore auditors
- 52 hours of training, on average, per Singapore auditor
- 61% of our Singapore workforce are women; women represent 53% of our global workforce
- 35% of Mazars partners and directors are women; 20% of partners worldwide are women
- S$11,800+ contributed to community development initiatives through donations
- 100+ employees engaged through volunteering and pro bono initiatives, representing 27% of our local headcount
- 410+ hours contributed through volunteering and pro bono initiatives
- 2.2 tCO2e employee GHG intensity (market-based)
We are confident that doing business through a principle-based approach is the right path to create value for society and the planet. Therefore, we not only help our people live by our values, but also encourage business leaders to create a positive shift towards trust, sustainability, transparency and ethical behaviour in business.
Read the report now