What challenges are you facing?
“We are supporting the US business community in Singapore, and we look forward to working with you and providing the services you may need in the pursuit of your organization’s growth.” - Denis Usher, Managing Partner
Our US Desk is designed to reduce the issues arising from geographical distance and the challenges encountered in understanding the local business rules and customs.
Familiar with the challenges that US companies face, Mazars has mobilized its cross-functional, global and local expertise to provide financial advice and compliance solutions aligned with the local context. Some of the challenges usually encountered by the US investors include:
- being able to identify the differences in terms of regulatory frameworks between US and Singapore in order to understand the impacts in terms of business, tax and financial reporting;
- identifying and setting up the most adapted and efficient legal and tax structure for operating their business in Singapore;
- ensuring the compliancein terms of tax, accounting filing and manpower requirements;
- understanding the local market regarding the costs of production and shipping, labor, marketing, distribution, and pricing;
- being aware of the cultural differences and the communication skills that will be required to operate successfully.
Our approach helps our clients navigate the various cultural and linguistic challenges typically encountered when expanding and operating across borders. We also seek to provide our US clients valuable networking opportunities and insights into the Singaporean business culture.