An S Pass is granted to mid-level skilled workers who earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $2,200, possess the required tertiary education or technical training and have relevant work experience.

The number of S Pass holders an employer can employ is capped at 15% of its workforce for the service sector and 20% for the other sectors. The employer must purchase and maintain similar medical insurance for S Pass holders as for the Work Permit holders and are also required to pay a Foreign Worker Levy of $330 for the S Pass quota up to 10% of the company’s total workforce. The next 10% to 20% of the S Pass quota will be levied at $650. 

Click here to find out more about Singapore's Immigration Requirements .