The 2-week event was held in partnership with prominent public and private organisations like Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Banking and Business France in Paris, Chambre de Commerce et d'industrie de Lyon (CCI Lyon) in Lyon, Santander UK, UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) and the UK ASEAN Business Council in United Kingdom.
In this event, the distinguished speakers and panelists discussed the vast opportunities for European businesses in the ASEAN region — Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Brunei and the Philippines. With the formation of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) by end-2015, the region will transform into a single market and production base with free movement of goods, services, investment, skilled labour and capital. With a population of over 600 million and investments into the region already surpassing the flow into China in 2013, signs are showing that ASEAN is ready to take over from China as the world’s leading production hub.
The challenges and practical know-hows of entering the ASEAN markets were also addressed during the seminars.
- Growing your business abroad
- Helping UK and European Companies Expand into Southeast Asia
- Riding a New ASEAN Wave – What does an integrated ASEAN mean for your business
- Doing business in ASEAN – Key considerations for your market entry
- Protecting your business’ interest in ASEAN
- Panel Discussion: Finding the right partner in South East Asia
- Networking Reception
Expert panel of Speakers:
- Tah Wee Han, Partner, Mazars Singapore
- Sam Cheong, Head of Group Foreign Direct Investment Advisory, UOB Group
- Tan Choon Leng, Partner, RHT Law Taylor Wessing LLP Singapore
- Michel Demuynck Managing Director, Head of Credit Agricole Group Liaison Desk, Asia Pacific
- Marion Pelletier Head of International Affairs, Business France
- John Williams, Head of the Breakthrough Programme, Santander UK
- Richard Cuda, Director Strategic Banking Alliances, Santander UK
- Ross Hunter, Executive Director, UK ASEAN Business Council
L-R: Tah Wee Han (Partner, Head of Consulting, Mazars Singapore), Tan Choon Leng (Partner, RHTLaw Talor Wessing LLP Singapore), Catherine Eydoux (Head of International Services, Credit Agricole), Sam Cheong (Executive Director, Head of Foreign Direct investment Advisory, UOB), Marion Pelletier (Head of International Affairs, Business France), Michel Demuynck (Managing Director, Head of Credit Agricole Group Liaison Desk, Asia Pacific)
Speakers & Panelists (L-R): Sam Cheong (Executive Director, Head of Foreign Direct investment Advisory, UOB), Ross Hunter (Executive Director, UK-ASEAN Business Council), H.E Mr. Sayakane Sisouvong (Ambassador of LAO PDR to UK), John Williams (Head of Breakthrough, Santander UK Plc), Tah Wee Han (Partner, Head of Consulting, Mazars Singapore), Tan Choon Leng (Partner, RHTLaw Talor Wessing LLP Singapore), Richard Cude (Director, Strategic Banking Alliances, Santandar UK Plc)