Mazars employs over 2,000 professionals across Asia Pacific in 15 different countries. In this guide we have consolidated local knowledge to provide you with an overview of the benefits and restrictions of each country and to answer some frequently asked questions, such as:
- Which Asia Pacific countries are most open to foreign investment?
- Is 100% foreign ownership possible?
- For what types of business activities is foreign ownership restricted?
- Which countries in Asia Pacific offer the best investment incentives?
- What are the rules and regulations relating to the employment of expatriates?
- Which business taxes are applied in each Asia Pacific country?
- How easy is it to do business in each Asia Pacific country?
The Guide also highlights some of the specific country quirks, such as:
- The huge benefits available to US companies operating in Thailand via the US Treaty of Amity.
- The requirement for any company in Indonesia with 100% foreign ownership to sell a minimum of 5% of its shares to an Indonesian entity or Indonesian individual(s) after 15 years of operation.
- The requirement of foreign wholesale and retail businesses in Malaysia to have 30% bumiputera ownership.
The Mazars Guide to Doing Business in Asia Pacific does not exhaustively cover the subjects it treats. For specific advice and to understand how Mazars can assist you in Asia Pacific, contact us at OutsourcingAsiaPacific@mazars.com.sg. Whether you choose Mazars in one or more countries you can be assured of a personal service backed by local expertise and experience.
This guide is completely free of charge to you. Simply click on the link below to download it.