"Our Dutch Desk is designed to reduce the issues arising from geographical distance and the challenges encountered in understanding local business rules and customs." - Gene Kwee, Partner (Head of Tax)
The increasing volume of activity and investment between Netherlands and Singapore suggests a need for professionals with a shared culture and familiar with the local requirements. Some of the challenges usually encountered by the Dutch investors include:
- being able to identify the differences in terms of regulatory frameworks between Netherlands and Singapore in order to understand the impacts on your business, tax and financial reporting;
- identifying and setting up the most adapted and efficient legal and tax structurefor operating your business in Singapore;
- ensuring the proper compliancein terms of tax, accounting filing and manpower requirements;
- understanding the local marketin terms cost of production and shipping, labor, marketing, distribution, and pricing;
- being aware of thecultural differencesand the communication skills that will be required to operate your business successfully.
Our approach helps our clients navigate the various cultural and linguistic challenges typically encountered when expanding and operating across borders. We also seek to provide our Dutch clients valuable networking opportunities and insights into the Singaporean business culture.