Alexander Rasink Partner
Personal quote / vision
Employment tax requires more than giving good advice. The advice is only a means to an end: a satisfied client. Every client is different and as a tax adviser, you should always have an eye for interests of all stakeholders involved, see the big picture and seize opportunities when they arise.
Employment tax and global mobility are all about individual, personal interests, which requires a greater degree of empathy from a tax adviser. Understanding how to bring across the message in a clear and concise way, is key to a building a good relationship with the client. And as we act in a global environment, an internationally oriented approach, respecting differences in culture and language, is indispensable.
Clients and co-workers see me as personable, proactive and pragmatic. These traits help me to be flexible to find the best approach to find a solution - as no client is the same. This is what makes my work so interesting, every day.
- Responsible for Employment Tax and Global Mobility in the Netherlands.
- Chairman of the Global Mobility steering committee for Mazars worldwide.
- Sponsor for the 'Global project team' responsible for the development of IT tools for the international Global Mobility practice.
- Tax: advising on tax obligations for payroll tax and social security (including labor law and immigration, through our partners).
- Policy: advising on hybrid working, remote working, expat policies.
- Employment benefits: allowances during secondments, tax equalization, employer cost calculations.
- International executives: advising senior management, directors and supervisory board members.
- Expat compliance: 30% ruling, A1, personal income tax return, Dutch tax number, tax briefing.
- International payroll: shadow payroll, gross to net calculations, salary splits.
Specific client experience
- Broad experience in advising (international) companies on employment tax and cross-border employment.
- Assisting (international) companies with policy making for their international workforce, setting up assignments, tax impact analysis, optimizing employment conditions and meeting tax obligations.
- Clients active in various sectors: pharmaceutical and medical industry, IT, financial and legal services, not-for-profit and hospitality.
- Active in the field of quality control and development of the international Global Mobility practice.
Education and work experience
- 1995 - 2002 | Erasmus University Rotterdam | Tax Law.
- 2002 - present | Mazars | Tax Partner, Employment Tax & Global Mobility.
- I enjoy sharing my knowledge and expertise in the field of payroll taxes and cross-border employment. Therefore, I regularly speak at internal and external events. Are you looking for a speaker on payroll taxes or the tax aspects of cross-border employment? Then please contact me or Mazars University by email or by phone: +31 (0)88 277 12 34.